25th Anniversary: Graduation, Family Day and Children's Day Celebration

Thursday, June 19, 2008

they like brainstorming

they have tonnes of idea in their mind.
They don't like to be like the type of 'book worm';
plain reading is dull for them; because they don't like reading, they can't recall and spell the words that they've learnt.
For their age; I think pictures and flash cards are important for them.
Today I hardly get them finish revise the few words that we've learnt, then I concentrate on the theme picture page; only one question I asked, "What can you see in the picture?" and they'll keep on and on telling all the stuff inside there.
"Some more?"
"Anymore?"
"Yes!"
"Great."
These for encouraging them to answer as much as they can - brainstorming.
I think this method works for them. Sometimes we end up laughing when they can't think of the word in English and replace the word with mother-tongue language's words.

No comments: